Project Grappling Fight is a 3D single player Rogue-Like/Jump’n’Run, with randomly generated levels. The goal is to explore different layers of the level and defeat enemies on separated platforms. The player starts at the bottom layer and fights his way up to higher layers. At the end of each layer, the player has to beat a boss, in order to enter the next layer. By the time, the player can find items to improve his skills.
The main feature of the player is the movement. The goal is to move fast and precise. The player has a grappling hook for the jump’n’run passages between the platforms, as well as for fighting the enemies. The hook allows the player to pull towards an enemy, which then allows the player to kick the enemy by pressing a button at the right time. The player only has a sword, which forces the player to move fast, in order to dodge the bullets of the enemies, and use the grappling hook, in order to get close to the enemies to hit them.
Additionally, the player can perform double jumps and wall runs.
The enemies and bosses are randomly generated on the map (bosses always at the end of a layer, but random which boss appears). Enemies are rather big and slow, but are constantly shooting at the player. Speed, size, health and firing rate can differ between the different enemy types.
- ground enemy (big; slow; high firing rate)
- flying enemy (medium size; slow; medium firing rate; needs to be grabbed to get hit)
- teleporting enemy (rather small; fast; slow firing rate with high damage; needs to be kicked before being able to hit it, otherwise it will teleport away)
- small flying enemy (small; fast; doesn’t shoot; can not be grabbed by hook; player needs to wait until enemy flies towards him/her to attack, in order to hit it)
- exploding enemy (big; very slow; slow firing rate; throws “grenades”; explodes when killed)
During each run, the player can collect items, which improve their abilities, but are lost when the player dies.
- Health up
- Sword damage up
- Grappling hook length/speed up
- Movement speed up
- Poison/Fire/Electricity damage (sword/hook)
- Slow down/freeze effect (sword/hook)
- Kick damage/knockback up
- Fall damage down
- other short term weapons(axe,halberd,etc)
The map consists of different tiles which allow the player to climb higher and higher in the map. The different tiles can have different properties like (fire/ice/water) and can even be destroyed in different situations. Players and opponents can fall down in the map and get damage by falling down.If the player fails and falls down there is also the disadvantage, that there are more opponents in the lowest level of the map. The player has to make the important choice to kick down or kill an opponent. In the half of the map is a safe house in which items can be changed, the player can heal etc.
small map features:
- swing around a flagpole to gain speed
- wall jumping